Well I have slowly received the components for my Arduino garden project. As the inquisitive tech nerd I am I began tinkering around with them. The Arduino MKR 1000 is the wifi board that I got which will communicate my sensor data to a mobile database. I have been attempting to setup/check the wireless connection between the board and the Arduino Iot software (Arduino’s free database).

To begin my session I back wired my temperature sensor which cause it to read temperatures around 200 degrees Celsius. I though to my self; “this must be a mistake”. However upon touching it, it was not at all a mistake. So that took me a long time to figure out that I had back wired it and it was in fact oscillating (which I have no idea what that means).

Anyways, I got the sensor working while wired in, however ended up retiring for the night when I began trying to check the wifi connection. I’m not sure if I have forgotten my wifi password or the output should be 255 when it’s connected? A lot of time spent on this and not a lot of positive movement.